Please Select an appointment date from the calendar on the left hand side of the page.
YOUR INCOME MUST BE $54,000 OR UNDER AND YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY FOR VITA SERVICES
We are only preparing 2017 taxes. Prior Year and Amended Returns will be prepared starting June 2018 through October 2018.
When you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
* An original social security card for EACH family member. We can no longer use prior year
files to verify social security numbers. Your taxes will NOT be prepared without the
social security cards. There are no exceptions!
* A photo ID for each filer.
*If you PURCHASED HEALTH INSURANCE through the MARKETPLACE for 2016, you
should receive a FORM 1095-A, if from Medicaid, Medicare you should receive
Form 1095-B, if from an employer you should receive Form 1095-C. PLEASE
BRING THE FORM WITH YOU TO COMPLETE YOUR 2017 FEDERAL TAX RETURN.
* IF YOU HAVE A MARKETPLACE EXEMPTION PLEASE CONTACT THE MARKETPLACE
AND GET YOUR MARKETPLACE EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE NUMBER TO COMPLETE
YOUR 2017 FEDERAL TAX RETURN.
* IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND FILING JOINT YOUR SPOUSE MUST BE PRESENT. IF YOU ARE
MARRIED FILING SEPARATE YOU NEED YOUR SPOUSE'S NAME AS SPELLED ON
THE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR ITIN LETTER AND THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR
* W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2017
* Child care provider name,address, and tax ID number or social security number
* You must bring your prior year returns. If you do not have them you can get
transcripts from the IRS and the State which takes about 5 to 19 business days to receive
* Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or State
* All 1099 forms for other income, if any
* Any other tax related documents you have received
* All banking account information (a voided check) to have your refund direct deposited into
your checking or savings account
* If you are a victim of Identity Theft, you must bring the letter from the IRS with your pin number. A new letter is issued from the IRS every year.
TAX REFUND DELAYS: TAX REFUNDS THAT INCLUDE AN EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT AND/OR ADDITIONAL CHILD TAX CREDIT WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR REFUND UNTIL FEBRUARY 15TH OF AFTER DUE TO A DECISION BY THE CONGRESS. THIS DELAY APPLIES TO ALL METHODS OF TAX FILING. NO ONE CAN PROVIDE YOUR REFUND BEFORE FEBRUARY 15. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU RECEIVE A REFUND, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IT IS A LOAN ON A REFUND CLAIM WITH LOAN FEES WHICH ARE EXPENSIVE.
ITIN RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS: THE FOLLOWING ITINs WILL EXPIRE ON JANUARY 1, 2018.
1. ITINs THAT HAVE NOT BEEN USED ON A FEDERAL TAX RETURN FOR 2014, 2015, OR 2016.
2. ITINs WITH 80, 81 AND 82 AS THE MIDDLE NUMBER THAT HAVE BEEN USED ON TAX RETURNS IN THE PAST THREE YEARS.
Benjamin Gaither Center
80-A Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
8513 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
1401 Rockville Pike Suite 320, Rockville, MD 20852
Wheaton Gilchrist Center
2730 University Boulevard West, Suite 220, Wheaton, MD 20902
11002 Viers Mill Road, Wheaton, MD 20902
University of Maryland
8020 Greenmead Drive, College Park, MD 20740
East County Regional Service Center
3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904
12900 Middlebrook Road
Germantown, MD 20874