Please Select an appointment date from the calendar on the left hand side of the page.
YOUR INCOME MUST BE $56,000 OR UNDER AND YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY FOR VITA SERVICES
We are only preparing 2019 taxes. Prior Year and Amended Returns will be prepared starting June 2020 through October 2020. IF YOU ARE HAVING AN AMENDED RETURN PREPARED - YOU MUST BRING THE ORIGINAL TAX RETURN
When you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
* An original social security card for EACH family member. We can no longer use prior year
files to verify social security numbers. Your taxes will NOT be prepared without the
social security cards. There are no exceptions!
* A photo ID for each filer.
*If you PURCHASED HEALTH INSURANCE through the MARKETPLACE for 2019, you
should receive a FORM 1095-A, if from Medicaid, Medicare you should receive
Form 1095-B, if from an employer you should receive Form 1095-C. PLEASE
BRING THE FORM WITH YOU TO COMPLETE YOUR 2019 FEDERAL TAX RETURN.
* IF YOU HAVE A MARKETPLACE EXEMPTION PLEASE CONTACT THE MARKETPLACE
AND GET YOUR MARKETPLACE EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE NUMBER TO COMPLETE
YOUR 2019 FEDERAL TAX RETURN.
* IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND FILING JOINT YOUR SPOUSE MUST BE PRESENT. IF YOU ARE
MARRIED FILING SEPARATE YOU NEED YOUR SPOUSE'S NAME AS SPELLED ON
THE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR ITIN LETTER AND THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR
* W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2019
* Child care provider name,address, and tax ID number or social security number
* You must bring your prior year returns. If you do not have them you can get transcripts from the IRS and the State which takes about 5 to 19 business days to receive
* Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or State
* All 1099 forms for other income, if any
* Any other tax related documents you have received
* All banking account information (a voided check) to have your refund direct deposited into your account
* If you are a victim of Identity Theft, you must bring the letter from the IRS with your pin number. A new letter is issued from the IRS every year.
TAX REFUND DELAYS: TAX REFUNDS THAT INCLUDE AN EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT AND/OR ADDITIONAL CHILD TAX CREDIT WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR REFUND UNTIL FEBRUARY 15TH OF AFTER DUE TO A DECISION BY THE CONGRESS. THIS DELAY APPLIES TO ALL METHODS OF TAX FILING. NO ONE CAN PROVIDE YOUR REFUND BEFORE FEBRUARY 15. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU RECEIVE A REFUND, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IT IS A LOAN ON A REFUND CLAIM WITH LOAN FEES WHICH ARE EXPENSIVE.
ITIN RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS: THE FOLLOWING ITINs WILL EXPIRE ON JANUARY 1, 2019 or have already expired.
1. ITINs THAT HAVE NOT BEEN USED ON A FEDERAL TAX RETURN FOR 2016, 2017 OR 2018.
2. ITINs WITH 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 82 , 83, 84, 85, 86, and 87 AS THE MIDDLE NUMBER WILL EXPIRE OR HAVE ALREADY EXPIRED.
Benjamin Gaither Center
80A Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
March 14, 2020, Gaithersburg is having a SUPER VITA DAY at Bohrer Park from 11am until 3pm. NO APPOINTMENTS ARE NECESSARY - WALK-INS (so please be patient). ALL ARE WELCOME!
8513 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
1401 Rockville Pike Suite 320, Rockville, MD 20852
Wheaton Gilchrist Center
11002 Veirs Mill Road, Suite 506, Wheaton, MD 20902
University of Maryland
8020 Greenmead Drive, College Park, MD 20740
East County Regional Service Center
3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904
12900 Middlebrook Road
Germantown, MD 20874