***TENNESSEE PROMISE STUDENTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO COMPLETE THEIR FAFSA EARLY--DO NOT WAIT UNTIL JANUARY TO COMPLETE YOUR FAFSA***
We offer appointments at Kingsport (Kingsport Center for Higher Education) and Johnson City Campuses on certain dates. Limited dates are now being offered at Bristol and Elizabethton campuses for the month of October.
STEP 1: FSA ID
If you do not currently have an FSA ID, we strongly encourage you to go to www.fsaid.ed.gov to create your FSA ID before scheduling your appointment.
- The FSA ID is required to sign your FAFSA.(this is not your pin created prior to May 10, 2015)
- Once created, it can take three days before it is accessible on your FAFSA.
- Completing this step now will allow more time to focus on your FAFSA application during your appointment and can prevent rescheduling.
(Note: Please remember to bring your FSA ID information (username and password) with you for your appointment. Also if you are a DEPENDENT student, your parent(s) must obtain an FSA ID as well).
STEP 2: SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
To schedule an appointment for assistance with one of the following services, click the "Select FAFSA Service" box to the left. Be sure to select the appropriate choice for the location you prefer:
- 2016-2017 FAFSA ASSISTANCE
- Select this service to complete a new 2016-17 FAFSA
- (Note: 2016-17 FAFSA is for Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters)
- UPDATE CURRENT FAFSA
- Select this option if you have already submitted your FAFSA and need to make updates such as submitting correct tax information or your signature for your FAFSA to be complete.
- 2017-2018 FAFSA ASSISTANCE
- Select this service to complete a new 2017-18 FAFSA
- (Note: 2017-18 FAFSA is for Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 semesters)
- 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 FAFSA ASSISTANCE
- Select this service to complete a new 2016-17 FAFSA and 2017-2018 FAFSA
- (Note: 2016-17 FAFSA is for Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters. 2017-2018 FAFSA is for Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 semesters)
**Cancellation/ Late Policy**
*Please be courteous to others, call 423.354.5153 within (24) hours, if possible, of your scheduled appointment to cancel or reschedule. In order to serve others, appointments that are (30) minutes or more late will be rescheduled.*