IF YOU ARE SCHEDULING MORE THAN ONE APPOINTMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETELY LOG OUT OF THE INTERNET. WAIT AND THEN LOG BACK IN PRIOR TO SCHEDULING EACH ADDITIONAL APPOINTMENT. PLEASE ENTER ALL OF THE PROPERTY INFORMATION FOR EACH APPOINTMENT. IF YOU DO NOT LOG OUT BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS, YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR THE SPECIFIC PROPERTY YOU ARE ENTERING. WITHIN AN HOUR OF SCHEDULING, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL, CALL THE PALM SPRINGS FIRE DEPARTMENT AT 760-323-8186.
August 19, 2015
Re: Smoke Detector / Carbon Monoxide Alarm Inspection Program Fee Increase
Dear Real Estate Professional,
On July 15, 2015, the Palm Springs City Council adopted a new “Comprehensive Fee Schedule” that accurately reflects costs for the delivery of City services. This marks the first service fee increase since 2008.
Effective October 1, 2015, the fee for our Smoke Detector / Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm Inspection Program will be $106.00 per inspection.
In order to assure a successful inspection, please follow the recommendations below:
· Schedule Early – Allow sufficient time, prior to the close of escrow, to schedule your appointment. Smoke detector inspections are good for 6 months from the date of inspection.
· Prior to your inspection date, verify the correct locations and functionality of smoke detectors and CO alarms. Refer to the appointment scheduling website FAQ’s for additional requirements.
· Bring extra smoke detectors, CO alarms and installation tools to the inspection. Fire Inspectors are often early. As long as they are able to be on time for the next scheduled appointment, they may be able to wait for you to install additional detectors if one is not working or happens to be missing.
· Ensure that address numbers are on the property and visible from the street. Address numbers on the curb only do not comply.
· If there are security bars or roll-down shutters on bedroom windows and/or exterior doors, contact the Fire Department for compliance requirements.
· If the property has an automatic fire sprinkler system, assure that all escutcheons and cover plates are in place and that sprinkler heads and/or cover plates have not been painted.
We look forward to your continued partnership with the Fire Department in assuring that your client’s new home purchase meets the fire and life safety requirements established by the State of California.
Deputy Fire Chief / Fire Marshal