Student Enrollment Requirements
We are excited to have you join our school district. Effingham County Schools registers all students, new to Effingham County or those off roll for 10+ days, at our Central Registration Center. Students transferring from one Effingham County School to another without missing 10+ consecutive days of school may directly report to the new school without going through Central Registration.
The following SIX* documents are required for registering new students in Effingham County.
- Certified copy of student’s original birth certificate OR
- Other acceptable evidence of age as specified in Effingham County BOE Policy JBC: School Admissions
Social Security Card*
Georgia Immunization Form
Ear, Eye, Dental, and Nutrition Form
Proof of Residency
- Current (within 30 days) utility bill such as water, electric, landline phone, or cable bill with physical address of residence. Cell phone bills or mortgage statements are not accepted.
- Lease must include all utilities
- Photo ID of the parent/guardian registering the child
The following documents should be provided when applicable:
- Most recent report card and current transcript from last school attended.
- Documentation of any health concerns or allergies of which the school should be aware.
- Custody or guardianship papers issued by the court if student lives with anyone other than the natural parents, as listed on the birth certificate.
- Any court orders that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child’s educational records.
- Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.
Call Central Registration if you have questions/concerns about Proof of Residency: 912-754-2530
*Parent may elect to sign a form at the time of registration stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number, pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-150.
**If the family is living in the household with someone else who has proof of residency in his/her name, you must submit a Family Residency Affidavit. This is a notarized document signed by the homeowner stating that the parent and child(ren) live in the house with him/her. This must be submitted along with valid proof of residency. Both the parent / legal guardian and the person the family is living with must come to the Center at the time of registration to have this statement notarized.