KUDOS, ONE STEP CLOSER TO UNLV!
The UNLV/CSN transfer program (UCTP) knows this is a very confusing time for transfer students. Don't worry - your transition advisors are still here to support you and help you achieve academic success. To minimize the risk of COVID-19, UCTP is adhering to social distancing requirements and offering appointments virtually. Our advisors utilize Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx for video appointments. If video technology is unavailable to you, we also offer phone appointments. Please note that phone appointments are limited and require an agreement between UCTP and the student. General transfer inquires can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the drop-down menu to the left to schedule your appointment with one of the following UCTP professionals. The day of appointment availability is next to the campus name on the drop-down menu. The admissions counselor does not review transfer credits.
*Note: If you are a newly admitted student to UNLV, you will have to call your major Advising Center to get that hold removed. All newly admitted students- regardless of the number of transfer credits - must obtain academic advising before enrolling in classes. UCTP Advisors are unable to remove this hold!
We understand that conflicts occur, so if you need to cancel or reschedule please reach out to our office. Keep in mind you can adjust appointments through the AppointmentPlus system.
Phone Number: 702-651-4969
Director- Le Quanda Cole
Associate Director- Anam Qadir
Assistant Director- Janet Hollinger
Transition Advisor- Arosha Meegoda
GET INVOLVED AFTER TRANSFER
RTSO is an organization that helps students feel comfortable transitioning to UNLV through events and information sharing. We want to ensure you are in a community where you can ask questions and find resources in your new surroundings. We aim to provide a home for all transfer students by helping students grow academically, socially, and developmentally.
We know the more connected and involved you are at UNLV will directly relate to your success. Throughout the fall and spring semesters, UCTP and RTSO will plan and promote events and opportunities for transfer students to get involved and experience campus. Stay connected to us by joining our mailing list and checking your UNLV email for our regular updates. For more information email RTSO@unlv.edu.
VIRTUAL ADVISING APPOINTMENT TIPS!
Before Your Appointment
1. Read the email confirmation you receive after scheduling your appointment
2. Read the email reminder for your appointment, so you don’t forget when it will be
3. Check your internet connection, video, and audio equipment are functioning correctly to avoid delays/cancellations
4. If you have a specific question(s) for your Transition Advisor, make a list of them
5. Understand that additional guest are not permitted in your appointment without your approval due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
During Your Appointment
1. Find a location free of distractions and relatively low noise to avoid disruption of your appointment
2. Remain engaged and present throughout your appointment
3. Take notes
4. You will be required to confirm your NSHE ID when you show up for your appointment
5. Students, UNLV Transition Advisors, and/or any guests are prohibited from recording the appointment
6. For your safety and due to the appointment's interaction, we request that you are not operating a motor vehicle during your appointment
After Your Appointment
1. View the follow-up email that your transition advisor will email with your appointment notes and your next steps
2. Complete any action tasks given to you by your Transition Advisor. Examples could include (but not limited to): Schedule an appointment with your CSN Advisor, connect with a campus resource, attend a career fair, submit your UNLV Application, etc
3. Complete Transition Advising Appointment Survey. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we want to know about your experience with your advisor