1) View important transaction requirements to eliminate a second trip to our office.
2) Understand that each individual conducting a transaction needs a separate appointment. You may complete up to four transactions per appointment.
Note: Our Driver License Office processes only driver license and hunting & fishing transactions. Motor vehicle, parking permit, and property tax transactions are not available at the Driver License Office.
3) To ensure appointments are available for all, scheduling of multiple appointments for the same service will result in all of your appointments being cancelled without notice.
4) If you do not see your specific transaction in the "Select Service" drop-down on the left, your transaction may only be processed as a walk-in.
5) Carefully select your service from the "Select Service" drop-down on the left for your appointment - choosing incorrectly will result in your appointment not being honored and you will have to reschedule using the correct Service type.
6) Be on time! Late arrivals will forfeit their appointments.
7) For Driver License/ID Card transactions:
a) Download and complete the mandatory application prior to your visit.
i) If your appointment will be scheduled at our Palma Sola, North River, Lakewood Ranch, or DeSoto Office, complete this application.
ii) If your appointment will be scheduled at our Driver License Office (904 301 Blvd W, Bradenton), complete this application.
b) Avoid an unforeseen problem - check the status of your Florida Driver License prior to your visit.
i) If your license is INVALID/SUSPENDED or CANCELLED, you will only be able to process your transaction at our Driver License Office.
ii) Select "Suspension, Pending/Possible Suspension & Clearance" under "Select Service" and select "Driver License Office" from "Select Office" drop-down choices.
c) Understand that all testing (Driving/Road skills, written testing, etc.) is limited to Manatee County residents only - proof of residency is required.
d) Understand that all driver license transactions processed by our office are subject to a $6.25 Tax Collector Service Fee.
WRITTEN AND CLASS E DRIVING SKILLS ROAD TEST INFO:
Need written testing or a Class E Driving Skills Road Test sooner than what's available? Take written testing from the comfort of your home through a third party provider. The road test is now offered through private providers on weekends, after hours, and during regular business hours. Contact Ault's Driver Education Center at 941.355.4202 (for Class E Road Test) or visit the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for details and restrictions.
View the Official Florida Driver's, Commercial, and Motorcycle License Handbooks, available in English and Spanish.
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS
Note: If you are Deaf and require a Sign Language Interpreter for the road test, please contact our office 2 weeks in advance prior to scheduling an appointment to arrange for a Sign Language Interpreter.
Under F.S. 668.6076, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. The accuracy of the information provided on this website is not guaranteed for legal purposes.