Welcome to our online reservation system. To get started, please use the drop down menu on the left.
Early Childhood Screening is a process that supports children being ready for kindergarten. The program helps find children with possible health or developmental concerns that may impact learning. The process includes a check of vision and hearing, child development and a review of the child's health. The program helps families access services for their children that will help them to be ready for kindergarten.
Minneapolis Public Schools recommends that children be screened at age 3.
Three reasons to screen at age 3:
- Screening can assist your child to be ready for school.
Any health or developmental concerns can be found earlier and help provided sooner.
Because screening is free, it's easy and it's good for your child!
When your child turns 3 years old:
- Schedule an appointment. (In- person screening process will take from 1 ½ hours – 2 hours)
- Complete the health forms that will be sent to you.
- Bring your child to screening appointment, where trained staff will check your child's:
Bring your child's birth certificate and immunization records to screening.
Screening is preferred at age 3, but can be done at 4 or 5 years old.
- Vision and hearing
- Growth and development
- Immunizations and family history
*State law requires all children to be screened before entering kindergarten.
Wilder Complex (Main Office)
3345 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55407 (Enter Door #1 Media Center)
John B. Davis Education and Service Center (Wednesdays Only)
1250 W. Broadway Ave Minneapolis, MN 55411