The Appointment Booking system can be used to schedule the following types of appointments:
- Academic Planning & Advisement
o Academic Planning & Advisement is an opportunity to exchange information designed to help students reach their educational and career goals. Advising is a shared responsibility between an adviser and the student. Academic Advisors can assist in this process by helping the student understand options, determine resources and, when necessary, identify alternatives.
o The Student Advising & Counseling Center offers short-term personal counseling. Personal counseling is private, confidential and free of charge. Personal counselors are licensed mental health professionals.
o Transfer planning helps guide students who plan to move on to a 4-year college after SCCC. Students are able to discuss topics that include, but are not limited to transfer colleges, discuss transferring credits to a 4-year college and our Transfer Agreements.
o Pre-Nursing Advising is for students who wish to meet with an advisor to discuss the proper pre-requisites and application process/eligibility for the SCCC Nursing Program.
- International Student Advisement
o International students are an important population on our campus. These appointments are for meeting with our International Student Advisor to ask questions about paperwork, course scheduling, and academic advising. Monday and Wednesday appointments will be in D305 and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday appointments will be in the Advising & Counseling Center
Tips for Academic Planning & Advising Sessions
1. Be prepared – Avoid the rush!
• Set-up an academic planning & advising appointment with your assigned advisor anytime and well before the scheduled dates to register.
• Review the curriculum check sheet for your major, program requirements and prerequisite courses.
• Review your course history on the my.sussex portal
• Create a plan for the courses you want to take.
• Create an advising folder.
2. What to bring to your appointment
• Curriculum check sheet for your major
• Preliminary course selection
• List of questions
3. Be informed
• Review the Academic Calendar so you are aware of important dates and deadlines.
• Read the handbook – Student Rights and Responsibilities, Academic Policies, General Policies
For general advising question please email firstname.lastname@example.org