Welcome to our online reservation system to create an appointment to drop-off select items for recycling/safe disposal. Except for the October 27th Household Hazardous Waste Collection, all 2018 Collections will be held at the Macon County Environmental Managment Recycling Center at 1750 N. 21st St., Decatur, IL. The October 27, 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be at Progress City USA at the north end of Richland Community College.
- Begin by clicking on the drop-down menu on the left and select the items that you would like to drop-off.
- Click on a calendar date up to 60 days into the future that is highlighted (typically in blue).
- Select a time by clicking on a "Book Now" button.
- Complete the registration and payment forms (payments only for TVs/monitors).
- Check your email for messages that confirm your appointment time and if applicable, payment for TVs/monitors.
Consumer electronic devices may be dropped off for recycling by residents who book a reservation and pre-pay $10.00 for each TV/monitor to be collected.
At the time of reservation, each confirmed registrant may drop-off up to ten electronic items, including up to three TVs/monitors.Up to 10 residential electronic items will be accepted per confirmed registrant, including:
- Televisions & monitors without broken glass (Limit of 3 with pre-payment of $10 each, submitted at time of registration)
- Computers, laptops, printers & peripherals
- Control boxes, receivers, consoles & controls for games, satellite & cable TV boxes, media players & recorders, etc.
- Phones, tablets & accessories
- Cables & rechargeable batteries
Please note: With the exception of TVs and CRT monitors, most consumer electronic devices may be dropped on a daily basis, free of charge, for recycling at participating retailers. Click here for more information.
Household-generated latex paint, oil-based paint, stains, and varnishes in their original containers with legible labels may be dropped-off without charge for proper disposal by residents with a confirmed appointment.
Please note that regulations only allow for the acceptance of household paints, stains, and varnishes. Automotive paints, craft paints, lacquers, spray paints, paints from businesses as well as other household hazardous waste items are not accepted at these collections due to state and federal regulations.
For additional information about Macon County Environmental Management’s Partner for Paint program and other paint disposal options, click here.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household-generated hazardous waste items such as lawn & garden chemicals, automotive fluids, solvents, pool chemicals, harsh cleaners, mercury, hobby chemicals, fluorescent bulbs and oil-based paints may be dropped-off without charge for proper disposal by any Illinois resident with a confirmed appointment for Saturday, October 27, 2018.
Please refrain from bringing latex paint to this event since it is not hazardous and can be managed at a paint collection or dried and then discarded with regular trash.
This event is being held at Progress City USA north of Richland Community College, Decatur.