1. Select a service description from the drop-down menu.
a) City Hall Marriage License Appointment
A marriage license is a permit to marry. This is the first step in getting married in California.
b) City Hall Civil Marriage Ceremony
· You must already have a marriage license issued by a California County Clerk.
· You may bring up to 6 guests, including a photographer, children, witnesses, etc.
· Ceremony locations within City Hall are based on availability.
· Ceremonies are performed by Deputy Marriage Commissioners.
2. Select an available appointment date and time. Appointments are available to reserve 90-days in advance. If there are no appointments available, it is due to calendars being fully booked. Please try later as appointments and cancelations are made available daily.
*Friday, June 24, 2022 will be a special day in celebration of SF Pride. Additional appointments will be open every month!
3. Once you have selected available appointment date and time, you will be prompted to create an account or sign in.
NO REFUND OR CREDIT is given for any reason, including but not limited to cancelation, error, failure to show, or any unforeseen circumstance.