Assistance with homework concepts, test preparation and study strategies offered at Shell Tutorial Center is available online. The same trained peer tutors that you worked with on campus will provide one-on-one appointment based sessions hosted on Zoom. Sessions will last 20-30 minutes, depending on the subject requested.
To schedule a tutoring session:
· Click this link for CAS Online Tutoring
· Select “Course” on the “Appointments” page
· “Select Tutor” from the drop-down menu
· Select the Date for your session on the calendar
· Select a “white block” to make your appointment
· Follow the remaining prompts until your appointment is finalized
· Check for two emails:
o Email that confirms the appointment
o Email with the link to access your online session
To access your tutoring session:
· Locate the email with the link to access your session
· Find the Zoom link for your scheduled session
· Click on the link at the scheduled time of your appointment
Guidelines for beginning and ending a tutoring session:
· If you are early to your session you will placed in the virtual waiting room until your scheduled start time.
· The tutor will admit you to the tutoring session at your scheduled date/time.
· The tutor will end the session at your scheduled end time.
· If the tutor is available after your session ends, you may schedule another appointment at that time to immediately begin another session.
· If the tutor has a session with another student when your session ends and you have more questions, you may
o immediately schedule an appointment with an different tutor that is available
o schedule another appointment with the same tutor when they are available
In order to provide tutoring to as many students as possible, the following scheduling guidelines have been established:
· Back-to-back sessions for the same course may not be scheduled
· Multiple sessions may not be scheduled at once. You may have one appointment scheduled at any time and that session must be completed before scheduling another session.
· Back-to-back or multiple sessions will be canceled by the site administrator
For questions or accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide Website Feedback – www.lsu.edu/feedback
Accessibility Statement – www.lsu.edu/accessibility
Privacy Statement – www.lsu.edu/privacy