Our free tax program will begin booking appointments in early January and we anticipate the IRS tax season to begin January 22, 2019. If you have a filing need between October 15,2018 and January 21, 2019, please use https://www.unitedway.org/myfreetaxes
or call Lee at 904-390-4008 for more information.
For a map of our site locations and walk-in (no appointment locations) please visit: https://www.unitedwaynefl.org/realsense/free-tax-filing/
If your income is < $66,000, you can file for free yourself with MyFreeTaxes, a United Way initiative: https://www.unitedway.org/myfreetaxes
For more information about the VITA program please visit: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4836.pdf
If you wish to change or cancel an existing appointment please use the link provided in your confirmation email from us. If you need to speak with someone about scheduling, please call us at 904-390-4008 or call the site directly (see our webpage listed above).
Please bring the following with you and arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time:
- Photo identification (you and spouse if married),
- Social Security Cards for all persons on the return including dependents,
- All income forms (W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, Social Security...),
- All expenses (Mortgage Interest, Property Taxes, Charitable Contributions...),
- Last year's tax return,
- A check or printed statement with bank routing and account number if direct deposit is desired. We do not accept handwritten account information due to risk of error.
- If filing married filing jointly (MFJ), both parties must be present or you must have a valid Power of Attorney (POA).
- Please fill out, print and bring to your appointment the following VITA intake form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13614c.pdf
*We only perform Rental Income (Schedule E) at NAS Jax and Mayport USO locations (must be active duty or retired military personnel).
Schedule C (Self-Employed) clients cannot have employees, inventory or total expenses exceeding $25,000. Please bring your receipts, expenses and mileage logs already tallied for the year.
In addition to free tax prep services, United Way offers a wide range of financial literacy workshops and resources to set you on the path to prosperity. For more information, visit: unitedwaynefl.org/realsense