Welcome to Penn State!
Onboarding is an essential step in the new hire process. During your I-9 document verification session, our team will ensure you have completed all your employment requirements and are ready for your first day of work. Please take a moment to read the information below before proceeding with registration.
It is required that you schedule a document verification session to complete Form I-9 on or before the first day of your employment or appointment at Penn State.
Using the drop-down arrow to the left, please select an onboarding office session, date and time that best applies for you. Please see below for more details:
Office: 331 Building Innovation Park
331 Innovation BLVD, State College, PA 16803
Office: James M. Elliott Building (JME):
120 South Burrowes Street
All employee types are eligible to schedule here
Instructions when attending your session:
· Upon arrival:
· Please call us at 814-865-1473, select Option 3 for instructions on how to enter the building.
· 331 Building Innovation Park – After entering the main doors, please enter our New Employee Center (First door to your right) where you will be asked a series of Covid related questions for your safety and wellbeing of our Penn State community. Upon completion of the questions a member of our HR team will complete your check-in process.
· JME - Once you have entered the building please take the elevator to the third floor, step out and make a left and walk to the end of the hall where you will see a door on your right Suite 336.
· Please make sure that you bring the following:
· Your required documentation (Must be original and unexpired) ) Please note we are not able to accept any copies, PDF’s, or photos.
- A member of our team will verify the documents and complete your Form I-9 requirement.
- A mask. You must wear a mask into the building at this time.
Additionally, if you have a laptop, please bring this to the session. During onboarding, we assist with completion of any outstanding onboarding tasks and assist with navigating Workday.
· If you have any further questions related to onboarding, please reach out to us via the WorkLion portal and submit a general request and we would be happy to assist.
Penn State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the Affirmative Action Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (814-863-0471) with at least two weeks’ notice when possible or as soon as a need is determined prior to your hire date to allow sufficient time to effectively meet your access needs.