Welcome to the online Connecticut VITA calendar where you can book your own free tax appointment.
The VITA program is for individuals who generally make $56,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Also, individuals who are self-employed should have business expenses less than $25,000 and individuals should not have income from a rental property.
Use the dropdowns at the left to select the type of tax return and assistance you need in order to find a location that can best prepare your taxes:
- Basic Tax Return: Select if not itemizing your deductions, no health savings account, and your income was only from CT sources.
- Advanced Tax Return: Select if you itemize deductions, own your own business (1099 income including rideshare income), or have retirement income.
- Basic Tax Return w/ Health Savings Account (HSA): Select if you have a Health Savings Account, but do not itemize deductions.
- Multi-State Tax Return: Select if you received income in more than 1 state in 2019 or lived in one state and earned income in a different state (e.g. lived in CT but worked in NY).
- SPANISH - Basic Tax Return: Seleccione si no se detallan sus deducciones, ninguna cuenta de ahorros para la salud, y su ingreso solo provino de CT
- SPANISH - Advanced Tax Return: Seleccione si detalla las deducciones, es dueño de su propio negocio (1099 ingresos, incluido el ingreso compartido) o tiene ingresos de jubilación.
- SPANISH - Basic Tax Return w/ Health Savings Account (HSA): Seleccione si tiene una Cuenta de ahorros para la salud, pero NO detalle sus deducciones y necesita un preparador de impuestos que hable español
- SPANISH - Multi-State Tax Return: Seleccione si recibió ingresos en más de 1 estado en 2019 o si vivió en un estado y obtuvo ingresos en un estado diferente (por ejemplo, vivió en CT pero trabajó en NY).
IMPORTANT: Tax returns cannot be prepared unless you bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Photo ID for you and/or spouse if filing jointly
- Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters for every family member
- W-2s and/or 1099s from ALL jobs worked in 2019
- Health Insurance Documents - If you signed-up for health insurance through the CT Marketplace, you must bring all tax documents that you receive from the Marketplace (Forms 1095A, B or C). If you received form 1095A, it is REQUIRED to complete your tax return.
- Unemployment compensation (form 1099G)
- Business expenses, if self-employed
- Interest/Dividend statements from your financial institutions, if applicable (forms #1099INT, 1099DIV)
- Tuition and student loan information, if applicable (form 1098T or 1098E)
- Documentation from daycare provider (their SSN or EIN), if you paid for child care in 2019
- Annual mortgage information, if you own a home
- CT State 2018 refund, if you itemized your return last year
- Taxes paid to the town (property taxes, automobile taxes, etc.)
- Charitable donations that you made (monetary or other)
- Other income or IRS notices that you received
- Copy of last year's tax return
- Voided check (or checking account and routing number), if you would like direct deposit