|2-1-1 Tax Appointments Types Of Tax Returns|
**VITA appointments are being booked through this portal at several VITA sites throughout Connecticut. If you do not find an option that works for you, please search the 2-1-1 database for other locations by clicking HERE, or consider having your taxes prepared by VITA electronically by using the online GetYourRefund platform by clicking HERE.
**Individuals who do not quality for VITA may qualify to file their taxes for free online at www.myfreetaxes.com.
Welcome to the online Connecticut VITA calendar where you can book your own free tax appointment at several of the VITA sites in Connecticut.
1. Photo ID for you and/or spouse if filing jointly?
2. Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters for every member of your family?(if you do not have a card for every member of your family – you must contact the social security administration to replace?card?prior to having taxes prepared)?
3. W-2s and/or 1099s from ALL of your jobs worked in 2022
4. 1099-NEC?(non-employee compensation), if self-employed
5. Health Insurance Documents – If you signed-up for health insurance through the CT Marketplace, you must bring all tax documents that you receive from the Marketplace (if you received form 1095A it is REQUIRED to complete your tax return) – forms 1095A, B or C
6. Unemployment Compensation?- form 1099G. This form will not be mailed, taxpayers must get from CT Department of Labor themselves (CTDOL.State.ct.us) (800-956-3294)
7. If self-employed, any?related business expenses.? Expenses must not exceed $35,000.
8. Interest/Dividend statements?from your financial institutions (if applicable)-forms #1099 INT, 1099DIV?
9. Tuition and student loan information?(if applicable) form 1098T or 1098E?
10. Documentation from your daycare provider (their SSN or EIN) if you paid for child care in 2022
11. If you own a home, your?annual mortgage information.??
12. If you itemized your return last year, your?state of CT refund information (last year’s tax return)?
13. A record of any?taxes paid?to the town (property taxes, automobile, etc.)?
14. Records of any?charitable donations?that you made (monetary or other)?
15. Any other income information or IRS notices that you received. If filing a prior year tax return please include Child Tax Credit letter and Stimulus Money letter, or know exact amounts received for each
16. Copy of your last two years’ tax returns.?
17. NOTE: If you would like to direct deposit, please bring a voided check from your checking account or the account and routing number for your savings account (this will significantly reduce the refund time period)