Welcome to the Penquis LIHEAP Appointment Scheduling System
1. Click on the calendar to the far left to find an available appointment date in the location of your choice.
2. Use the arrow key at the top of the calendar or scrolling tool at the bottom to find all the various locations, including Bangor, Rockland, Dover-Foxcroft, Lincoln and East Millinocket
3. Please double check the location you are booking your appointment to ensure it is the office you prefer.
4. You may see Office 1, 2 or 3 listed at the various locations; those are intake offices, not different physical addresses. For example, all Bangor appointments are located at 262 Harlow St., but you may see office 1, 2, & 3, all of which are located in the same building. The same goes for the other locations.
5. If the date is gray, it is booked for that day; continue to look for a date in the location of your choice that is not booked.
6. You may not find appointments available until Oct. or later, this is because priority is mandated for seniors or families with small children in the home. Continue to scroll until you find an available date.
We understand this process can be a challenge and that it requires documentation, time and effort. We appreciate your patience as we work together to keep Maine families warm. Last year Penquis processed close to 10,000 applications and we will do our very best to assist you through the application process. Below is a list of items needed to help you prepare for your appointment.
*Please note in addition to the items below, a valid photo ID must be presented at the time of intake from the primary applicant (person applying for LIHEAP) this is new.
What to bring to your appointment
1. Primary applicant, (the person applying) if available, will need to provide a valid photo ID such as Driver’s License, State Issued ID Card, Passport, SNAP/EBT Photo ID or US Military Photo ID Card.
2. Social Security cards & dates of birth for all household members.
3. Your most recent electric bill.
4. A copy of your fuel bill with name and account number.
5. A copy of your current lease including the name, street address & phone number of your landlord if you are renting.
6. Proof of all gross income for all household members for the previous 3 months or previous 12 months not including the month of your appointment.
7. Including but not limited to: Proof of all interest income, general assistance, school loans or grants, child support, notes of support from anyone who assisted you or your household: with dollar amount of assistance for the same time frame as your gross income.
8. Copy of Divorce Decree or Parental Rights Agreement to show proof of Primary Residency for all minor children.
If you are the guardian for a client, you will need to provide Guardianship Documents at the time of your appointment and the Guardian’s Photo ID. Client does not need to be present
Funding provided by Maine Housing